In general, people tend to forget the small detail like wall trim. The truth is the decorative molding can greatly affect your interior. Introduce aesthetic appeal to your living space with these baseboard style inspirations.
With the right trim work, yours is gonna be so elegant and outstanding. Due to this fact, you ought to consider various aspects such as budget, product quality, and your home style as well. Let’s have a read of our article!
1. Rounded Bullnose Baseboard
It is the most widely used baseboard molding in the homes. People usually know this as stepped or three-inch rounded trim. According to its name, the heights vary from 3 to 3.5 inches tall.
This baseboard comes in a subtly round top. Due to its shape, it is able to taper easily into your walls. Plus, it seemingly declines into your background too. Simple yet charming.
- Super budget-friendly option.
- It gives the walls a classy touch.
- It’s not so suitable for the traditional home.
2. Tall Rectangular Baseboard Molding
If your ceiling is really high, you should install tall regular baseboard. We promise it would make a grandeur statement. Its magnificence undoubtedly grabs the attention of your guests.
Selecting 7 or 9 inches tall trim is recommended. Then, there are two options, natural solid wood baseboard or wood grain finish one.
- Tall trim turns your abode into visually larger space.
- Your room gets more sophisticated and stylish.
- This idea cannot be implemented in the residence with a low ceiling.
- Sometimes, it seems stark without staining.
3. Alluring Wood Baseboard Trim
When it comes to the wood baseboard materials, just select pine or oak. Be sure you check it meticulously. Avoid buying it when you find out crack and warping. By doing so, you won’t receive unusable stuff.
Moreover, the wood trim style fits any existing molding. It also exhibits rustic charm and warm atmosphere to your space.
- It matches beautifully with wood flooring.
- Primed wood baseboard helps you achieve an unpretentiously sumptuous look.
- It depicts organic feel to your area.
- Wood is quite prone to warping.
- Knotty wood trim requires extra efforts during installation.
4. Flexible Vynil Baseboard
Vinyl is gaining popularity over the years. It is just because this cove base is extremely versatile and affordable compared to the other items. Additionally, it has a huge variety of colors.
To utilize the vinyl wall base molding in the home, you must cut it based on the wall’s length. After that, stick it to your wall with glue.
- It’s highly durable and water-proof material.
- Perfect for people on a tight budget.
- The installation, maintenance, and replacement are very easy.
- PVC is typically brittle to work with.
- In a moist condition, mildews grow on it.
5. Recessed Wall Base
Dream of living in ultra-modern abode? Go for recessed baseboard then. As you can see, there is a clear straight line between it and the wall. It produces neat and clean appearance.
However, it truly requires hard labor. Luckily, your time and energy would be paid off because the end result is very chic.
- It blends awesomely with modern flair.
- Complements the barn doors nicely.
- The project is so exhausting.
6. Sculpted Mid-Height Base Molding
Add a punch of style to your interior design with this ornate baseboard. It features several stunning steps that taper toward your wall. We guarantee it certainly will adorn the wall.
In addition, it is perfectly installed in formal areas. For the size, the thickness is around 5/8 inch. While the height normally ranges from 4 to 5 ½ inches.
- It exactly accentuates the wall.
- A wide choice of heights and sculptings is available.
- It pairs wonderfully with any crown moldings.
- It does not suit an informal room.
- The price is pretty expensive.
7. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
It is not as same as the natural woods. Because MDF is made of resin, wax and wood residuals. Then, they go through high pressure before forming the flat panels.
The texture of MDF is hard. Unexpectedly, its surface is super smooth. You can cut and veneer it until you get the desired look.
- MDF is seriously low-cost trim.
- It has no single underlying grain.
- This particleboard is not liquid-resistant.
- It cannot hold the screws excellently.
- So heavy to work with.
8. Metallic Aluminum Baseboard
If you truly admire industrial decor, it is the way to go. Since warehouse-inspired homes mostly have minimal trim. By installing it, you won’t break the ultimate rules.
As it leads to sleek finish, this wall base sets pleasantly with concrete floor. It boosts the unrefined feeling and masculine character to your space too.
- It’s relatively economical and lightweight than the other metals.
- The strength an durability of aluminum are incredible.
- Colorable and non-staining material.
- It is getting rarer
- Aluminum is unable to bend easily.
9. Tile Wall Base
Fan of classic edge? If yes, it is the best trim style for you. Since ceramic reflects the timeless personality, it never ceases to highlight your abode. Moreover, it always displays its grandeur.
In this space, ceramic tile baseboard creates a cohesive and coordinating look. While the mosaic tiles add bursts of shades to the entire room. Obviously enchanting!
- It matches very well with traditional architectures.
- The details are intricate and divine at the same time.
- It surely needs tiring trim work.
- Tile can get cracked.
10. Natural Stone Baseboard
If you wanna give a unique touch to your residence, there is nothing better than natural stone. Like the picture above, granite base molding successfully offsets the flagstone floor.
Furthermore, it harmoniously blends with textured walls. Just make sure you pick the highest grade of natural stone. And you can witness its understated majesty.
- It lasts a lifetime.
- Natural stone is malleable and anti-scratch material.
- Regular treatment is necessary.
- Not only is it costly, but also quite porous.
Thus, baseboard is not just about concealing the flaws of your wall bottom. Planning baseboard style means you deeply love every part in your home. So, are you ready for this rewarding project?