You may think that you can build your dream backyard oasis when your area is large. No, it is not true. Size does not matter at all. With small deck ideas, stunning outdoor space never seems out of reach.
Even though a pocket-sized deck project is quite challenging. But, nothing restraints you from creating an incredible spot. Here, we give you some tips about the small deck enhancement.
1. Feel The Warmth of Fire Pit
Your deck should be the extension of your home. That’s why we advise you to have a built-in fire pit. It certainly emanates the homey and intimate feeling throughout the entire area.
If there is a fire pit, the size is not a big issue anymore. Plus, the deck can be used for family gathering and hanging out with your dear friends. Craving s’mores? A fire pit would satisfy you too.
- Such wallet-friendly choice.
- Without hassle, you definitely experience serene camping vibes.
- Nice for growing family.
- The smoke bothers you.
- Less safe than a fireplace.
2. Practical Deck Storage
Since you are short on space, you must deal with the clutters of outdoor items. Hide them by purchasing a storage unit bench. Stow your stuff in it and flip the lids up whenever you wanna take them out.
In case the deck is elevated, store them beneath your deck. It is gonna be even better if you install deck skirting. So, nobody sees the unwanted things.
- Everything is neatly hidden.
- The bench’s price is still affordable.
- DIY version takes up too much of your time.
3. The Power of White
Smart use of paint color can do a magic. Like the picture above, the rails are coated in white color. This crisp shade reflects the light really well. As the result, your tiny deck is visually bigger than it is.
The white deck makes the yellow table, black armchairs, and floral pattern cushions pop. It also exhibits clean, bright, and open setting.
- White truly enlarges pint-sized deck.
- It allows another color to accentuate the yard.
- This hue possibly appears bland and monotonous.
- Stains and dirt are easy to spot.
4. Plenty of Plants
Your guests won’t say your deck is small as long as there are many plants. They help draw the eye for sure. You can grow them in the metal containers and terracotta pots.
Lantana and hibiscus are beautiful flowers. Then, add color and texture to the deck by including succulents. The slow-growing tree provides you the extra privacy. What a relaxing secluded haven!
- Plants work as natural ornaments for a small deck.
- They purify the air.
- Flowers perk up the patio with shots of shades.
- Most plants need regular watering.
- Mature trees typically succumb to pests and infection.
5. Play with Bold Color
When your friends spend their time on the deck, they surely focus on vibrant pieces of furniture. The square low stool and armchairs come in fiery red here. They are so attractive. And who cares about your deck’s size? No one.
Keep in your mind that bright colors transform tiny deck into a more spacious zone. Not only that, they can evoke the inviting and warm atmosphere.
- Bold tones are supremely eye-catching.
- They make a powerful statement.
- Gloomier red is not recommended as the deck feels smaller.
6. Offer Visual Interest
You have to know the visual relief is absolutely paramount. Because a small deck cannot distract the eye with ease. For instance, you could select deck floor in a diagonal pattern. It would be a head-turning part.
Furthermore, this charming floor design upgrades the whole deck’s look. The rails are more pleasing because the homeowner opts for different material. We promise they lead to great significance.
- The floor deck and rails can be customized.
- They pamper your guest’s eyes.
- Cost for this deck construction are quite high.
7. High Rise Deck
Your backyard is not wide. Of course, your deck won’t be large. But, there is a solution to every problem. Just build the raised deck then. This old-school trick undoubtedly creates a huge difference.
To keep it off the ground, build the stairs as you want. The higher the staircases, the broader your deck would look. The deck gets more noticeable too.
- Since the design is up, your deck appears awesomely formal.
- You have bonus storage under your raised deck.
- The project consumes your energy, time, and money.
8. Privacy Screen
Who states tiny deck does not need some privacy? Adding screen is extremely important. It enables you to create the boundary between your backyard and the deck.
Besides providing the comfortable environment, the screen also plays as a decorative component. Lattice wood screen is suitable for any climbing plant.
- The outsiders are unable to see your activity on the deck.
- The screen is such wonderful stuff for gardening.
- Not all screens are striking.
- The wooden screen cannot withstand high temperature and humidity.
9. Picturesque View
Your deck may be small in size. But it spectacularly becomes grand corner in the home. Nothing is impossible. If the scenery presents as your natural backdrop, your deck appears as spacious as possible.
Keep the outdoor furniture minimal. By doing so, you won’t have less space left. Additionally, you should purchase a blue table and wicker armchairs. They bring coastal atmosphere and carefree character to your deck.
- The idyllic view expands tiny deck visually.
- It is such cost-effective choice because you depends on the natural landscape near your home.
- Without impressive surrounding view, you cannot adopt this idea.
10. Simple Floating Deck
When you look at this picture, you must agree that the homeowner has a good sense of simplicity. The deck is made out of wood pallets. Moreover, the long table and benches come in the same material.
Brilliant placement also results in ultra-modern and fresh personality. Although it is simple, this deck is so mind-blowing. Less is more, right?
- Simple design makes the pocket-sized deck feel bigger.
- Mess-free personal retreat.
- Probably, it seems dull because there is no embellishment.
Before starting off deck renovation, we suggest you to measure the scale thoroughly as well as evaluating your own need. In terms of small deck ideas, they undeniably affect the end result. Anyway, what’s idea you love most?