Perhaps, there is an unused space in your lovely home. Instead of overlooking it, you can turn it into an area that has a specific function. That’s the reason you should search for impressive bonus room ideas.
Having a flex room obviously boosts your home’s value. You can change it for different purpose too. Moreover, the options are nearly limitless. Without further ado, here are some of the top picks.
1. Comfortable and Safe Baby Nursery
Are you soon-to-be parents? It is surely nice to design a baby nursery in your spare room. We promise it gives you an exciting and fun experience. This nursery could be quickly transformed into a toddler’s zone as well.
Neutral space scheme makes this space so versatile. Wooden multi-function table and cradle crib are must-haves here. Hanging rattle toy, turquoise curtains, and stuffed animals depict cheerful life.
- Suitable for small and large areas.
- You don’t deal with a sleep deprivation.
- It requires an extremely quiet environment.
- Walking into newborn nursery might take a longer time.
2. Relaxing Home Office
If you do internet-based works, we suggest you create a home office. Be sure there are plenty of oversized windows. They certainly produce a bright and open setting. Plus, pale colors and clear lines visually enlarge your tiny home office.
From table to chair, all is easy to move. Leaf wall art and potted indoor succulent plant liven up yours. Smooth area rug pampers your feet.
- You spend more time with family and close friends.
- It offers you peace, freedom, serenity, and security.
- You don’t rent expensive office space anymore.
- You need to build a bathroom on the first floor.
- Sometimes, you are lack of personal drive and motivation.
3. Improve Your Crafting Skills in Hobby Room
As you can see, this spare room is just designated for the scrapbooker. It keeps the supplies and tools from cluttering. Moreover, you are able to access them in no time.
Use bookshelves and wall-mounted cabinet to store your equipment. There are different chairs as well. Long tables make your life easier. Indeed, this workspace gets your creative juices flowing.
- Your career in crafting world is more enjoyable.
- It generates an organized and calm atmosphere.
- It is not a space-saving idea since you must add a row of cabinets and cubbies to your crafting room.
4. A Combination Room for All
Rustic industrial decor admirer transforms an extra room into multi-purpose space. Like the picture shown above, there are home theater, man cave, and home bar. After watching the movie, you can play the billiards.
The downlights, LED strips, and Triennale pendant lights illuminate this fantastic room. Wooden floor and pieces of furniture bring a warm and intimate feeling to your sanctuary.
- You can do several activities in one place.
- Multi-user room allows everyone has their own quality time.
- It is exactly not a low-cost choice.
- As high traffic area, you should clean up the dirt and spills frequently.
5. Set Up An Informal Living Room
One living room is not enough. Because it seems so formal for your family gathering. Necessarily, an additional space is crucial in your abode. It aims to make your whole clan feel completely welcome.
Soft dark brown sofas are paired with a wool rug to provide maximum comfort. Built-in TV unit maximizes the space in this small optional room. While the ceiling and walls are painted in lime green. What a stylish space!
- Perfect for growing family.
- Help family members become more loving and social.
- The furniture tends to create a claustrophobic effect in a tiny living room.
- Building this sitting room is quite pricey.
6. An Extra Bedroom for Your Guests
Your friends or relatives can be your long-term guests. Give them a decent sleeping spot then. This attic bedroom appears so homey. Even there is a mini home office.
To exude airy and sunny ambiance, stain your walls in a light blue shade. A bunch of colorful throw pillows fascinates the hearts of your guests. Everything is aesthetically designed here.
- Useful to accommodate guests who stay over in your home.
- Space-saving solutions like day bed and futon are available.
- Keep the mess and noise at a bay.
- Sometimes, guests go to their bed earlier and it might cause a lack of communication.
7. Exercise in Your Home Gym
Who says you can’t do a workout in your own home? It is free of membership charge for sure. We fully promise your body would get super fit and energized.
In this spare room, two ceiling fans keep it cool. Cardio equipment and free weights give true gym feel. You could put your water bottles, aromatherapy candles, and facial tissues on the cabinet.
- You won’t miss a workout.
- Say goodbye to fungus and germs.
- You only use exercise machines of your choice.
- You have to buy and maintain your gym equipment.
- There is no personal instructor.
- Cleaning fitness equipment is exhausting.
8. Chic Walk-In Closet
Prevent your accessories and clothes from piling up by creating a marvelous closet. If you don’t throw them around on your bed and furniture, your home is totally uncluttered.
Stow your belts, scarves, and socks on floating shelves. Additionally, the freestanding hanger is to display your coat and shirt collections.
- You attain an extra storage room.
- It’s such easiest and simplest way to use forgotten area in the home.
- It’s not great if it’s far from the
- Loft space has a lower ceiling, so watch your head.
9. Engineer A Tranquil Library
Do you love reading books? We recommend you to showcase your book collection in huge cubbies. When you crave knowledge, just grab your most favorited literary.
From ceiling to the floor, all is in a subtle tone. However, scarlet red armchair spectacularly adds a pop of shade. The patterned throw pillow also adorns the entire home library.
- Since the books are in one spot, they are so accessible.
- You can section your own books.
- Children are exposed to books at a very young age.
- Without embellishments, your library looks bland and uninviting.
We hope that you get motivated with our bonus room ideas. To make most out of your flex space, please put your lifestyle and need into consideration. So, you won’t be disappointed.